Euromonitor International seeks a researcher to interview, analyse and report on the fast moving consumer industries in Russia. This role will suit a self-starting individual, who is looking for the flexibility of working from home in a full-time capacity. You will enjoy the challenge of reporting on consumer markets for a leading player in strategy research, globally. Industry researchers are employed on an annual contract basis and work with commissioners based in our Vilnius office.
Our research addresses the following type of questions to deliver insightful business intelligence:
- How much chocolate was sold in Russia in 2019? Why did sales increase/decline over the previous year?
- What companies are the leading players in the soft drinks market?
- What channels could it be sold through? How should the product be positioned to maximize its potential?
- Why is company X doing better than company Y? What strategy is being employed and how is this supported operationally?
- Availability of approx. 35-40 hours per week when actively engaged on a project;
- Creating and analyzing large volumes of market data (MS Excel) and qualitative information;
- Conducting interviews with key players along the value chain: manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, associations, government, etc. Previous experience is preferable as this is key to the role;
- Researching and recruiting contacts for interviews. Networking to create long-term links with the industry is key;
- Reviewing and collecting information from secondary sources;
- Visiting retail stores to gather product information;
- A high level of numerical and analytical skills;
- Tenacity in the pursuit of information and a keen attention to detail;
- Self-discipline to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines;
- Strong communication skills - conducting interviews with industry players is a key part of the role;
- Fluency in oral and written English and Russian;
- Genuine interest in FMCG market;
- A solid understanding of consumer trends and socio-cultural influences in the region;
- A degree in market research, economics, marketing or other business-related discipline.
If you are interested, please apply with your CV and cover letter.
Confidentiality guaranteed. Only successful candidates will be notified.